Monday, September 27, 2010

Fravel Agrees

I meant to post this before the game on Saturday morning but there was drinking, eating, and friends around… er, pardon me, there was communion to take with fellow congregants and it slipped my mind.

On the days leading up to a game I always read up on my beloved Tide as well as whatever infidel heathen program we might battling for that week. My favorite of the season is an article by Jonathan Fravel which was posted on bleacherreport.com, the article is here.

In it Fravel writes a standard breakdown of Arkansas concerning their passing proficiency, running deficiency, and defense. As I scrolled down thru the breakdown of Alabama I was met with standard photos of stars like McElroy and Ingram just like the Arkansas section had pictures of Mallett and Petrino, however at the bottom of the piece Fravel’s piece turned into a reading of Revalations.

Subheadings like “Four Pronged Offensive Attack from Alabama: The Four Horsemen” with further breakdowns in that group of War, Pestilence, Famine, and Death. And the pictures ceased to be of football or players and were replaced with pictures of biblically inspired artwork and Christ of the Ozarks. That’s what our offense promised to bring, unfortunately, the devil made us stumble a bit first, but we finished like champions in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment