Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Commandments

The 10... er 8 Commandments for Alabama Football Fans.

I couldn't think of 2 more.
1. Alabama is thy team
2. Thou shalt have no other team before Bama
3. Thou shalt not take Coach Bryant’s name in vain
4. Remember Gameday and keep it holy.
5. Honor thy coaches (unless they’ve proven to be idiots)
6. Thou shalt not wear orange
7. Thou shalt not cheer for auburn or tennessee (unless it helps Alabama)
8. Thou must make one pilgrimage to the holy stadium once in a lifetime

I just came up with this the other day and don't think I really have a place for it in my paper so the blog is now becoming the dump all for things I don't use.

5 comments:

  1. I think this is great. You could possible add something like "thou shalt know the alabama fight song and recite it" you know, like prayer. and something about having a shaker and holy garment

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this is awesome. I like the twist on the actual commandments

    ReplyDelete
  3. But no one knows the words to the fight song! They think they do, but they don't. I'll educate those who read here. It is not "Yea Alabama, Crimson Tide...." It is "Yea Alabama, drown 'em Tide..." that's irked me for years.
    I think next I'm going to parallel some of the characters in the bible to the traditions of Alabama Football, but now I'm definitely going to have to post something about the fight song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.....I love this! Although I will admit, I just broke the 6th commandment! I just bought a orange peacoat at Old Navy yesterday (so I guess I should repent right now!) lol....Not that I would support Auburn in any way, shape, or form. But the other commandments I will be sure to follow to a tee! You should have included other teams like Florida & LSU....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem was written by a friend of mine. Her name is Nic King and she wrote this as part of a project for out creative writing class. Maybe you can use it?

    The Bear's Prayer

    Our father
    Who art in T-town
    Football be thy name
    Thy legacy come
    A victory won
    On the road as in
    Bryant-Denny
    Give us this day
    Clear weather overhead
    And forgive fumbles
    As we forgive
    Missed interceptions
    And let us not
    Fall behind
    And deliver us
    The most points
    Roll Tide

    ReplyDelete