Friday, November 5, 2010

The 23rd Psalm for Bama fans.

Since the last post was well received I’ve got another. This one I actually came up with a few years ago while in Knoxville to see Son Volt play. As I drove past Neyland Stadium with a friend of mine I reached in the back seat, pulled out a car flag and waved it as I said:

Saban is my coach, I shall not want.
He maketh me to cheer at top volume
He leadeth me beside the nation’s elite
He restoreth our tradition:
He leadeth me in the paths of championships for the Tide’s name sake

Yea though I walk through the valley of rivals
I shall fear no orange: For Nick art with me;
His hat and his scowl, they comfort me
He prepares a table before me in the presence Auburn and Tennessee
He annointest our team as dominant, our recruits runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow the Tide for all Saban’s days,
And I will dwell in the House of Champions forever.
Roll Tide.

3 comments:

  1. ROOOOLLL TIIIIIDE! Lol! I love it! Thanks for this, I really needed to read something like this! Hahaha! Interesting enough, I am multitasking right now, trying to finish my paper & watch Bama at the same time! Im really nervous when I watch us play on tv! lol So my head is spinning like Linda Blair's on that movie! lol Your spin on the Psalm 23 is near perfect if not perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appears you should have focused solely on your paper in stead of multitasking, I know I wish I'd worked on mine rather than watching the game. Surely you know a scary drill sgt that could come light a fire under these boys, your team needs you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the play on scriptures that you are using! Look at you being all innovative :)

    ReplyDelete